Thank you for participating in Brighten Up!'s mental health Webinar series! These pages will assist you with all you will need to know in order to provide an informative and high-quality webinar.
What you will need:
- A Google account. If you have an account with Gmail, Chrome, or YouTube, you already have a Google account. If you do not, you will need to create one by following this link. What we need is specifically for you to have access to Google Drive, which is where you will upload all files necessary for your webinar. Once a file is uploaded, right click on the file and choose "Share..." Be sure to enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" under "People" and set the dropdown to "Can edit".
- A prepared PowerPoint presentation that includes all points you wish to cover in your webinar. If you are not able to prepare a PowerPoint, please prepare a specific outline which would mimic what PowerPoint slides would look like for your presentation. Please be very specific in terms of text, graphics, and photos. Either of these files will need to be uploaded to your Google Drive account and shared with "email@example.com" (as outlined above) at least two weeks before the webinar live date.
PowerPoint Presentation Tips:
We are trying to keep all webinars to around 30 minutes each, so plan the length of your presentation and number of slides accordingly.
There is no limit to PowerPoint slides, and in fact it is better to have only one thought per slide, usually leading to more slides overall.
PowerPoint presentations are only to be used as a visual enhancement to your webinar - slides do not need to be what is being said word-for-word.
Do not worry about being a PowerPoint expert - we will take your presentation and fit it in to our overall Brighten Up! template anyway, so just providing us a bare-bones outline and photos is enough for us! Even if your final presentation differs from what you send us, we will tailor it accordingly.
- A suggestion for a song or piece of music that will be played at the beginning and end of your webinar. If you own an .mp3 of the music, the file will need to be uploaded to your Google Drive account and shared with "firstname.lastname@example.org" (as outlined above). If not, please email your suggestion to email@example.com.
How to record your webinar:
- Click here if you want to use your iPhone or other portable recording device to record your webinar.
- Click here if you want to use a desktop or laptop computer with a built-in or external webcam and microphone.
- If you absolutely have no access to either of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.