What you will need:
Access to a desktop or laptop computer with a built-in or external webcam and microphone. These are usually standard on most newer laptops, but an external webcam and microphone are usually needed for desktops.
How to record your webinar:
- Have your updated PowerPoint presentation or specific outline available (either printed out or on a screen) so that you have slides to follow during your presentation.
- Press this "Start" button:
- Once the recording window pops up, click the second icon along the bottom, the one that looks like a computer screen. Choose "Web camera."
- Now click the fourth icon along the bottom, the one that looks like a microphone. Choose "Microphone."
- Now you are ready to record! You should be able to see yourself in the webcam box. If not, try closing the recording window and clicking the "Start" button again. You can troubleshoot with Chris Todd at 518-956-0893 if absolutely necessary.
- Press the red "REC" circle button and test your equipment. If you only want to record your voice, and no video, you can toggle the second icon from the right on the bottom of the screen. Record video of yourself talking for about ten seconds and then click on the blue "||" circle pause button.
- Click on the green checkmark button in a circle, the second button from the right. This will save the recorded video to your computer. (Your video file will most likely be saved to this directory: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Apowersoft\Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder) You will then see a replay of what you just recorded.
- If the video seems satisfactory to you (the video and sound should be reasonably clear), it's Showtime! Click on the upper-right "X" button and return to the camera recorder. Start recording and begin your actual webinar presentation. You can always toggle the pause and record button as needed to take a break. Don't worry about any mistakes - webinars are meant to have a live feel to them, so it's OK to have mistakes happen. If the mistake is really huge, still do not worry - we can edit out any problems that occur.
- When you are finished with your presentation, click on the green checkmark button in a circle, the second button from the right. This will save the recorded video to your computer. (Your video file will most likely be saved to this directory: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Apowersoft\Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder) You will then see a replay of what you just recorded. (You don't have to watch the whole thing if you don't want to!)
- Now click on the "Save" button, the one on the bottom right. When the menu appears, click on "Upload to Google Drive."
- Your Google Drive account will be brought up in your browser. Sign in if necessary.
- Go back to your recording window and click on the link in the box that appears on the webcam video under "Please upload the video in the opened web page." Do not click on "OK." The file that you saved to your computer will be brought up in a folder. Copy and paste (or drag) your saved video file into your Google Drive.
- If this does not work, click in the left-hand column of the Google Drive screen the "Computers" button . Click on these consecutive folders to access your video file: Computers\My Computer\Documents\Apowersoft\Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder. Right-click on the correct file you want to upload and click on "Add to My Drive." This will upload the file to Google Drive.
- Once the file is uploaded, right click on the file again and choose "Share..." Be sure to enter "email@example.com" under "People" and set the dropdown to "Can edit" so that we can have access to the video.
- Finally, don't forget to also upload your PowerPoint presentation, specific outline, and/or music .mp3 (if necessary) using this same method if you haven't already. Once they are all uploaded and shared, you are done!